Experiencing QuickBooks error 12157 and can’t find a proper fix? If yes, then make sure to read the post till the end. This error is basically a QuickBooks payroll update error 12157 is a part of error 12000 series error. It can be seen due to web connectivity problems in the windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or also known as WinInet API. Note that the QuickBooks desktop makes use of API to run Internet protocols easily, mainly FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. One might face this sort of issue, when downloading or setting up updates with the software. Furthermore, as a consequence of this error, you might be unable to complete updates and also you might face problems for the present version as future updates do not come to the system. To find out the steps to fix the issue, make sure to read the post till the end. Or contact us at +1-844-405-0907 and our experts will provide you with instant support assistance.
What causes QuickBooks update error 12157?
Below can be the major reasons causing QuickBooks error 12157:
- If the date and time is not configured correctly, then the user can end up in such an error.
- Or in case there is any restrictive setting of firewall or internet security applications.
- Also, if the system has multiple QuickBooks installed.
- In case the internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software.
Steps to fix such an error
The user can perform the steps related to Restoring the system to get rid of QuickBooks error 12157:
- The very first step is to click on to the start the system option.
- You further need to log in as the system admin.
- And press start to catch and click on to all applications, accessories, computer tools, and later on hit the system repair tool.
- You are further required to click on restore point and after that hit next tab, and also choose the advanced system to restore the point.
- And also, create a System Restore
- After that hit a click on next tab and also on the confirmation window.
- The last step is to reboot the system.
Now that you the steps that can be performed to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 12157, it is time to implement those steps effectively and get rid of the error code immediately. Whereas, if for some reason you land into the same issue repeatedly, then in that scenario, feel free to contact us at +1-844-405-0907and we will provide you with immediate support services. Our team of QuickBooks support professionals will ensure to eliminate the issue from its root cause.